One year ago today I looked fear in the eye, told it to back the hell off and jumped off the proverbial cliff. I quit my soul sucking job (the jump), started doing the things I love (write & travel) and haven’t regretted it for one moment.
Here’s the most important thing that happened when I said yes to embracing the life I was meant to live instead of just going through the motions of being stuck in a rut: Life became fun again. So simple right? Life should be fun, or at least enjoyable, everyday, but that was not my life.
This past year has been so unbelievable. Amazing things really happened when I started saying yes to my life and stopped sitting on the sidelines. It took having a bit more faith in myself and a little more belief that I am worthy of having good things happen.
Here’s a quick recap of what has happened this past year:
1. Built Just Short Of Crazy to a point where it is being recognized as an influential blog.
2. 3 week road trip to Yellowstone.
3. 3 week road trip to North/South Carolina & Florida.
4. Attended the Taste of the NFL in Indianapolis.
5. Met Ms. Brown in NYC at the M&M Museum.
6. Numerous short trips around the great state of Michigan.
7. Visited Domino’s Pizza headquarters.
8. Attended the Travel Blogger Exchange–made a bunch of new friends and met my favorite travel bloggers.
9. Quick trip to Baltimore/Washington DC.
10. Work from home or wherever in the world I happen to be<<---BEST thing ever!
I've had a lot of travel adventures. Not having to cram all the travel I want to do into a 3 week time frame has been one of the best things ever. I'm so glad that I stopped waiting and started living.
My advice to you--STOP waiting! You don't have forever. You have right now. Embrace it and do the things you love.