A while back I purchased a Southern Living Farmers Market Cookbook. It has been a great investment and I have found all kinds of wonderful recipes in it. I recently tried the Pecan Biscotti. Of course, I didn’t follow the recipe exact. I adjusted amounts of vanilla and pecans, but overall this is the recipe from the book.
You’re going to want to make this
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together eggs and remaining 3 ingredients; gradually add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide the dough in half. With lightly floured hands shape each portion into a 12 inch x 2 inch log. Place logs 3 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool logs on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Cut each log diagonally into ¾ inch pieces. Return slices, cut side down, to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Turn biscotti over, and bake 7 more minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely