I’m always on the look out for ways to incorporate healthier options into our diet. Em & I both eat a lot of salads, but salad dressings have a lot of ingredients that I’d prefer to avoid and if I can find a healthier option I’m willing to give it a try.
When I seen Simply Dressed from Marzetti it looked like a good health option. According to their site the dressings are “all natural, made with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and canola oil, which provides omega-3.” The dressings don’t have preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, MSG or artificial flavors. I like that a lot, plus Simply Dressed is available in 11 different flavors:
- Simply Dressed Strawberry Poppyseed Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Ginger Sesame Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Champagne Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Greek Feta Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Balsamic Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Cesear Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Coleslaw Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Ranch Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Thousand Island Salad Dressing
- Simply Dressed Pomegranate Salad Dressing
In addition to salads we like to have raw veggies for snacks. We generally have ranch salad dressing with our veggies so we were definitely willing to give the Simply Dressed Ranch Salad Dressing a try.
It tasted pretty good and would be a good replacement dressing. There is only 110 calories per 2 tablespoons of dressing, but there are 8 grams of fat. Lower than our regular brand, but still too many fat grams. Sigh, I don’t think Ranch dressing will be in our diet very much longer.
Be sure to check out Marzetti.com for fantastic recipes!
I was one of the bloggers selected by T. Marzetti Company and Clever Girls Collective to host a Marzetti Simply Dressed review. They provided me with product to test myself and compensation for my time. However, my opinions are entirely my own.