The animated movie Mars Needs Moms is set to be released on March 11th. This Disney adventure tells the tale of a little boy’s quest to save his mom from the Martians. This begs the question: What are 10 things that my kids would miss about me if I were beamed up by aliens.
1. No more activities. I’m the mom that is always looking for fun and new experience for the kids to try. I hosted an Oscar party last night for the first time just for something different for Em to experience. There would be no more unique events for the kids to attend.
2. Traveling. I plan all our travel. Weekend trips, week long trips, and more. I am the travel agent for the family. In addition to planning the when and the where I also plan the activities while we are there. They give their input, but they are more than happy to let me do all the planning while they enjoy all the fun.
3. No one to drive them around. If you’re a mom you are probably a taxi. Running them to and from friend’s houses, school activities, shopping, to the movies, etc.
4. Nagging. I think they would miss my nagging. “Clean up your room”; “clear the table”; “do your homework”; etc. How could they not miss that? I tell them that nagging is just another love language. That usually guarantees an eye roll…hmmmm…on second thought maybe they wouldn’t miss the nagging.
5. Photo Ops. As a photographer I am always taking photos of them. I know they would miss it if I were gone. They like to pretend that they don’t like their photos being taken, but deep down I know they love it. Although, taking photos of Martians might be a lot of fun
6. A clean house. I might nag them (see #4) but I’m the one that makes sure the house stays clean and organized. If they had to do that work themselves I think they would really start missing me.
7. Home cooked meals. When I go away on girl trips their Dad feeds them junk. Prepackaged foods, fast food, and pizza. It makes my head spin, but some things you just have to compromise on and I figure a few days of awful food won’t kill them. However, if they had to eat that way all the time I have a feeling they would start to really crave some home cooked food.
8. Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. Enough said. They love them. The cookies disappear as soon as I pull them out of the oven. It’s a special treat that I make about once a month and they really enjoy them.
9. My hugs. Nothing beats a mom’s hug. I hug my kids every chance I get. My son thinks he is too old for hugs, but he’s not. I usually have to con him into giving me one, but he is coming around to my way of thinking. Em is still o.k. with giving hugs.
10. Money. Without my income there would be no extra money for CD’s and movies and new clothes. Now that the kids are teens I would bet that this would be the number one thing they would miss. I would hope they would miss the hugs or home cooked meals, but I have a feeling it would be the cash.
So, what would your kids miss about you if you were beamed up by aliens?
Disclaimer: “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”