One2One Network contacted me and asked if I would like to review the Sex in the City 2 soundtrack. Would I??? Are you kidding, of course I would!! LOVE Sex in the City. I am really enjoying the CD. Like any CD there are tracks I love and some not so much. I’ll probably get some haters, but the songs I really dislike are those sung by Liza Minnelli–what can I say?? I’m not a fan. It’s just not right that she sings Single Ladies by Beyonce. It just doesn’t work for me. That being said there are some fantastic songs on the CD. My favorites include Language of Love by Cee-Lo and Window Seat by Erykah Badu. Good stuff!
Disclaimer: I received the cd for free in exchange for my honest review.
Here’s the press release the One 2 One Network shared with me. I’m sharing with you since they do a much better job of telling you all kinds of fun facts.
The soundtrack features a brand-new duet “Love is Your Color” by Grammy and Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis. Listen to it here.
Other highlights from this ‘getting-ready-to-go-out’ soundtrack include a new song by platinum-selling CeeLo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track. Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Academy Award® winner Liza Minnelli covers Beyonce’s chart-topper “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” and 12-time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys performs her own extraordinary new version of the Blondie classic “Rapture”.
The soundtrack also features the stars of
Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker,
Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, performing the Helen Reddy classic
“I Am Woman.”
Check out the Soundtrack on Facebook.
Soundtrack to Strut Your Stuff!
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee “Can’t Touch It”
9. Alicia Keys “Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down”
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis “Love Is Your Color”
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
Go on, check out the soundtrack…I know you want to