There are so many little things I’ve been meaning to share with you that I thought I would just combine them into one post.
- I watched the last two episodes of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution on Hulu. Loved it! If you haven’t heard about this I highly recommend that you go to www.hulu.com to watch a couple episodes. Jamie is trying to get 1 Million e signatures on a petition to present to the president. If you think improving food in our school systems is important you can sign by clicking here. There are just over 1/2 the needed signatures at this point…please take a moment to sign. Jamie also has a Food Revolution cookbook out that I’ve been hearing great things about. Have you seen the episodes??? What do you think??
- I’m part of a BzzAgent campaign for prepackaged Starbucks coffee that you buy at the grocery store. BzzAgent & Starbucks sent me a package of Pikes Peak and a package of Cafe Verona along with some $1 coupons to share with friends. We made the Pikes Peak according to the package directions. Ummm, well, hate to say it, but we did not like it. It was way too strong and bitter for our taste. However, the Cafe Verona was fantastic. YUM!!! I will definately be enjoying more cups of Cafe Verona at home. This is great for us because our nearest Starbucks coffee shop is about 90 miles away. Now I can just grab a bag of coffee when I do the grocery shopping. Do you like the Pikes Peak?? Have you bought Starbucks from the grocery store to make at home? Let me know what you thought.
- Watched Crazy Heart this weekend. Completely understand why Jeff Bridges walked away with an Oscar for his performance. Great movie, Great music…5 stars.
- Also watched The Boys Are Back with Clive Owen. A slow moving, but intersting drama about a dad trying to raise his sons while grieving for his wife.
- We did have the Pizza Hut Pasta a couple weeks ago. It was really good, but I should have ordered double. No way it was enough to feed a houseful of hungry teens plus two adults.
- I’m still waiting to hear back about the job. Hoping to hear something next week.
- BB turned 1 year old last month….to celebrate we bought him some crazy expensive Frosty Paws Dog Ice Cream by Purina. He is spoiled rotten! However, this was a birthday treat so I didn’t feel too awful bad about the splurge. Btw, he loved it!
- I have quite a few more book reviews coming up + a couple product reviews….stay tuned.
- Have you bought your Mom a Mother’s Day gift yet?? Don’t forget Ice.com is offering a special discount of 25% off (MTH25) + they are hosting a Mother’s Day Contest. Read about it here. I still have to get my mom something…..knowing me I’ll wait to the last possible minute.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!