The last thing Garrett, Duke of Calton, expects to find while tracking his sworn enemy is the delectable, mysterious Kate. This beautiful servant girl rouses a longing the battle-scarred ex-soldier had never hoped to feel again. But when she turns out to be the sister of the man he seeks, he’s convinced he’s been betrayed.
Kate knows her duty to her family, yet how can she ignore Garrett’s powerful pull on her heart? Or the heady temptation of his stolen-and sizzling-kisses? Scandal has followed the duke since the war. Now the greatest shock of all is on its way-the one that can separate Garrett and Kate forever.
~Mass Market Paperback: 432 pages
~Publisher: Forever; Original edition (March 30, 2010)
FIVE FUN FACTS:
1. The heroine from A Touch of Scandal, Kate, has a younger brother, Reginald. Reggie suffers from severe asthma—something I understand, having been through it as a child and now watching my own son fight it. It’s truly a painful and frightening illness. I can’t imagine what it was like for children before proper medications were available. The prescription the doctor in A Touch of Scandal orders—prussic acid—was a common remedy for asthma. But like many medicines of the time, prussic acid has since been proven to be very poisonous—even deadly. No wonder poor Reggie didn’t improve while he was taking it!
2. In the first drafts of A Touch of Scandal, there were three “villains.” I thought that was at least one too many, so I changed one character to soften her up a bit, even almost redeeming her at the end. She’s still not a very likeable character, but she’s no longer the equivalent of the Wicked Witch of the West! Can you guess who this is?
3. I’ve been to England several times, but I have not been to Kenilworth Castle. I researched it as thoroughly as I could while writing A Touch of Scandal, and it’s definitely on the itinerary for my next visit to the UK!
4. The James family seat, Calton House, is located in the Yorkshire dales. I feel especially bonded to this part of England—I think it’s because several of my ancestors immigrated to Canada from Yorkshire. I’ve driven through the county once, and I loved it. It’s a special place.
5. One of the main characters in A Touch of Scandal is Becky, the younger sister of the Duke of Calton. I have loved writing about her, because she is the one character whose growth you can really see from the beginning to the end of the series. She is immature and compulsive in A Hint of Wicked; she crashes back to reality in A Touch of Scandal; and in the third book, A Season of Seduction, she really comes into her own and finally finds the man that will lead her down the (very rocky!) road to a happily ever after.
Author Website: JenniferHaymore.com
Great read for the beach or a rainy afternoon. I don’t normally read historical books, but I really enjoyed this one. Always a great reminder of how lucky I am to live in the here and now.
Thanks to Anna at Hatchette Books I have 3 copies available to give away.
Tell me one of your favorite books. Yep, that’s it, but make sure I have an email address for you—I won’t dig around for it, I’ll just draw for a new winner if your email is not posted in your comment
+1 Follow my blog.
+1 Follow me on twitter.
+1 Follow Jennifer on twitter (@JenniferHaymore)
+1 Tweet about this giveaway, leave link. Can be done once a day for an additional daily entry.
+3 Add this link to a giveaway link up event, leave link where I can find it.
+5 Blog about this giveaway or leave info on your sidebar, leave link.
+5 Add my button to your blog, leave link
Giveaway will close at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 15th. Giveaway is open to U.S./Canada, no p.o. boxes. Winners will be chosen by random.org.