They’re the McCords…three rugged, sexy cowboy cousins who’ll inherit the family range–if they seek the treasure hidden on it. But even more precious are the women who can tame their wild hearts…
She was the one person who shook Jesse McCord’s quiet determination. She was the only one he ever let in, body and soul. Then suddenly Amy Parrish was gone and the oldest McCord cousin devoted his life to the family ranch. Now Amy is back, offering help to Jesse find the McCord gold. Yet Jesse’s not about to give her a second chance, and he hopes his pride will protect him from her irresistible charms. But under the wide prairie skies a dangerous, unseen enemy is fast closing in, threatening Amy and Jesse’s very lives and the promise of their …
*Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
*Publisher: Forever; 1 edition (March 1, 2010)
I really enjoyed this book. I love books set in western states and this book was set in the beautiful state of Montana. It had enough intrigue to make you keep guessing who was behind the crime and just enough romance. I look forward to reading the rest of this trilogy and seeing if they ever do find the Montana Legacy.
FIVE FUN FACTS ABOUT R.C. RYAN
Five Fun Facts
1. The names of all three cousins in this series are famous Western names that I’ve always loved: Jesse (James), Wyatt (Earp), and Zane (Grey).
2. There really was a gold strike in 1862 Montana at Grasshopper Creek. I doubt the nuggets were as big as a man’s fist or thumb, but why not dream big? I love the idea of a treasure lost for a century or more, leading a family into the treasure hunt.
3. In Montana Legacy, part of the fun of reading is that Jesse McCord and Amy Parrish were childhood sweethearts, separated by circumstances. I think everybody can recall their first big love. A few very lucky people actually reconnect with that first love and make it work. Oh, I’m one of them. Very happily married to the guy I met in first grade.
4. Montana is one of my favorite locations in which to set a series because it has such an ever-changing landscape. In that single state, you can find plains, hills, mountains, waterfalls, and four distinct seasons, each of which is simply more spectacular than the last, and I purposefully tried to use all of them in this series.
5. I’m not certain this story could work anywhere else but in the rough, rugged west. Though Jesse tries to be politically correct, there’s just something in his genes that has him breaking a lot of rules. I find readers are much more willing to give a pass to a cowboy. Don’t you agree? But maybe I’m prejudiced, since Jesse was inspired by my husband—a blunt, plain-spoken rule-breaker. A warrior who would risk his life for the people he loves. And for all his rough edges, he’s the most loving, tender-hearted man I know.
Find R.C. Ryan on the web at www.RyanLangan.com
Tell me one of your favorite books. Yep, that’s it, but make sure I have an email address for you—I won’t dig around for it, I’ll just draw for a new winner if your email is not posted in your comment
+1 Follow my blog.
+1 Follow me on twitter.
+1 Tweet about this giveaway, leave link. Can be done once a day for an additional daily entry.
+3 Add this link to a giveaway link up event, leave link where I can find it.
+5 Blog about this giveaway or leave info on your sidebar, leave link.
+5 Add my button to your blog, leave link
Giveaway will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 7th. Giveaway is open to U.S./Canada residents only, no p.o. boxes. Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for my honest review. No other compensation was received.