Just been one of those ‘days’…thought I would share just for fun
- 530 a.m. out of bed, get ready for work
- 700 a.m. arrive at work, serve my 8 hours of time
- 330 p.m. take dinner money to 16yo son, chat for a few minutes.
- 415 p.m. home, tear through the house looking for camera battery charger (why, oh why, can’t I ever put that back in the same place), scrub counter, nag daughter to put away dishes and clear table.
- 530 p.m. leave the house, run to Walgreens to pick up camera flash batteries, go to High School for Art Show. There is some serious talent at the art show. I’m wowed by my son’s work and the other students.
- 630 p.m. leave the art show and head to the park to meet up with Jessie & Matt for their engagement session. (Did I mention I had a part-time photography business??) The wind is horrific and it’s a bit chilly out, but the sky is blue and the sun is shinning. Btw, Jessie & Matt—too cute for words…see for yourself:
- 745 p.m. Finish session. Head to Meijers to go grocery shopping. Remember tote bags, but forgot the coupons (damn it!). No time to go home, just run in and get what we need. Excited because I only brought home one plastic bag vs. 10 like normal (we really are making an effort) Buy Emma’s birthday supplies while at the store (party and birthday is tomorrow, still don’t have a present—yikes)
- 830 p.m. Head home, put away grocery, throw a snack in the oven, download photos, check email, type post, family takes snack out of oven–leaves crumbs for mom–guess I’m not quick enough … I’m so ready for bed….
Ahhh. The joys of being a working parent. Tomorrow is Emma’s 13th birthday and I still need a few things for the party…oh well. I am learning to let things go, it will work out somehow.
To all you hard working moms, hang in there you’re not in this alone